Am I asking too much?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious. I'm now down to $23,900, but would go down to $23,500 at the moment. After the next payment in a couple weeks I'd do $23,000 flat.

KBB Suggested Retail is $26,235, Private Party is $23,565.

What would you guys think it should sell for? It's been on the market since the middle of July and I haven't had a test driver yet. Its on eBay, cars.com, AutoTrader, Facebook, and Craigslist in 6 different cities, including Birmingham, Nashville, Atlanta, Montgomery, Huntsville, and Auburn.

Just getting a little frustrated I guess. I love it, but with some recent insurance bull crap and the need to be more savvy, I just can't afford to keep it.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd consider 23k to be a reasonable asking price if I was in the market. The issue is that gas is now going back up again so many people are turned off by less fuel efficient vehicles. That combined with the economy will hurt how fast you sell the Hoe.

mattah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea it's a rough market to be selling a SUV now unless its just a stupid price. I went to a Lexus dealership where I bought my gs350 they were going to give me 23 for a trade in. I laughed.

OP
OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The highest trade-in offer I've gotten so far is 19,500. Which is a joke. If you search autotrader for 2007-2009 Tahoes within 200 miles of Bham with Leather, its obvious that mine is very competitively priced, there are none that have lower miles than mine (or even close really) that are cheaper than mine. I guess no one wants a Tahoe right now.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you'll never get good value out of trading your vehicle in.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Timmy got like $21-22 on trade for his. And it was an LS iirc.

Yuk0n07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya like they said before its just a tough market to be selling a big vehicle. Had my 7.3L listed for almost 6 months at 5,000 under KBB until I finally just traded it. But that was at a family friend dealer who gave us a great deal. I think you have a great price on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe