Aftermarket Radio constant white noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi. I have installed a new Head Unit (Kenwood) with PAC RP4 in my 2005 Escalade with Bose no on star. Everything works just perfectly. Except a constant white noise though all speaker as soon as the radio is powered. Not dependent on RPM - not dependent on which mode I use (radio/dab/phone/CarPlay even in mute). I tried different noise filters on the RCA, everything is grounded properly. Found a couple of older threads about people with same issue but always without a solution. Any new ideas? Thanks.

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have installed a new Head Unit (Kenwood) with PAC RP4 in my 2005 Escalade with Bose no on star. Everything works just perfectly. Except a constant white noise though all speaker as soon as the radio is powered. Not dependent on RPM - not dependent on which mode I use (radio/dab/phone/CarPlay even in mute). I tried different noise filters on the RCA, everything is grounded properly. Found a couple of older threads about people with same issue but always without a solution. Any new ideas? Thanks.
Yes, start playing the drums like i do for now 35 years. Then you don't hear white noise anymore. More a constant peep in your left ear...

:favorites37:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It may be a mismatch between your head unit and your amplifier. Also, power being supplied to the amplifier might need to be filtered. These are just guesses, but whatever it is, the symptoms indicate additional signal being transported through your system. That sounds like power leakage somewhere. And since it doesn't change with RPMs, it seems to be a constant power source. Problems with the amplifier were the only things that came to mind.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed you need to isolate the issue as either the radio or the amp, it's one or the other.
you could do this with any other audio source, such as a ipod or phone with a rca adapter
connect the source to the amp and play something, if the white noise is gone then it's the radio if the noise is still present then it's the amp
then you need to find out why, which means further troubleshooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2