Adding power running boards (2015 Tahoe)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocHolliday

Reaction score
I just took delivery of my 2015 LTZ w/o the power running boards. The truck has everything else I wanted so I was hoping to add them aftermarket or with OE equipment. Anyone know if this is possible? The parts department at the dealer is telling me they don't come as a kit, rather a "bunch" of separate pieces.

Thanks in advance

STAY IN IT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would be surprised if they wouldn't have power to the frame rail or undercarriage and simply cap the connector on the vehicles with fixed running boards. There should also be a space in the fuse block corresponding to power running boards whether you have them or not. Assuming the above is correct, then it should simply entail unbolting the fixed boards and bolting the aftermarket or factory power retractable boards in place and wiring them to the power.

Funny side note... My wife actually wants me to disable our power running boards on our 4x4 Denali so they remain in the retracted position at all times.

OP
OP
DocHolliday

DocHolliday

Reaction score
Thanks...found the correct steps at Amp Research...just need to find a local installer. Thanks again!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't be hard. They're all over the place. A buddy of mine just got some and they look factory. The LED lighting is a nice touch too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BuckWild62

Latest posts