AC Compressor not engaging in defrost or AC mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When you do open it up I would not only replace the orifice but also the accumulator and flush the system out and install new o-rings and if it was mine and knew I was going to keep it, I would do the condenser too because crud in the system clogs it up too. It is called the "Black Death" because it all looks black when flushed out.

OP
OP
3JFamily

3JFamily

Reaction score
Dropped off at the shop and they are going to see if they can use the scanner on it.

An update on the ac function.
I was driving home and switched on the ac and the compressor engaged and the ac was working on its own without using the manual switch to engage the compessor. After a little while, 5-10 minutes, the air started blowing ambient air with a musty smell. So, the ac will work up to a point then stop.

If I buy a Tech ll scanner for my 2006, will it show AC activity? Will I be able to command compressor on/off, show line pressure, pressure sensor on/off?