About to lease new Yukon XL Denali - advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yahtzee

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post and I expect to have my first GM vehicle next week. I have been a BMW driver for about 8 years (3 550i M-Sports, X5 M-Sport and M3) but have hit that point in life where real priorities take over and more room is needed.

I am definitely leasing a Yukon XL Denali. I am torn on going with a 2015 or a 2016. I am also torn on color...Almost every car I have ever owned has been white. Some pearl but most solid white with the standard light beige or darker brown interior. I'm very particular with the upkeep of my vehicles so while I know a black Yukon XL looks amazing, it's much more difficult to keep up. I am not even considering the Pearl White Yukon XL Denali - it looks almost yellow to me. Any thoughts here?

Also, how does the Cocoa/Dark Atmosphere interior look in person? I have heard it has a weird color cast to it but I love it because I think the Shale interior will show more dirt/wear. Thoughts here?

I have found a Summit White / Dark Brown Yukon XL Denali at a dealer about 120 miles away from my local dealer. Getting invoice pricing, buy rate for the money factor and no charge for them to go get the vehicle.

Anything else I should know?

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Summit/Shale. I'm in Texas, so I wanted to go light for the heat. It is hard to keep clean. The leather shows every spot. I would go with the Atmosphere.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I have the Summit/Shale. I'm in Texas, so I wanted to go light for the heat. It is hard to keep clean. The leather shows every spot. I would go with the Atmosphere.

Cool. Thanks. Seen one in person? Would you say it has any odd color hue or is it definitely a dark brown?

techbrute

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have seen it. The Cocoa dash and such are a straightforward brown. The Atmosphere leather has a grayish tint to the brown. It reminds me of mud, but I like it.

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would look for a 2016 model at this point since they have been out for a bit and you can find them at invoice price (or below) same as a 2015. No reason to really buy a 2015 since they aren't offering any rebates at this time.

2016 has a few updates and most importantly ApplyeCarPlay. That alone is worth it. Also, check out the new White Frost Tricoat on the 2016's! It's a hair brighter white that doesn't have the Yellow tint like the 2015 White Diamond Tricoat. Hard to show online but go find one in person to compare... http://www.superiorgmcnwa.com/new/G...ville-AR-8f8e86ac0a0e0adf3cd072cca3bedfa4.htm It's a REALLY nice color and what I wanted but the wife liked the Tungsten Metallic better.

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
Anyone have relationships with GMC dealer in VA/NC/MD?

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No but I know one in Texas if you want to fly one way and drive it home, below invoice price..

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I was able to get GM Supplier pricing. Not as good as 10k off but not so sure that 10k would apply to 2016's not even in stock yet.

rad-man

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't understand why people lease.
EVEN if you wanted to get rid of the car after 2-3 years, you'd be better off buying it and then trading in.

rates are so low right now. 1.99% with no down payment (should be easy to qualify for this).

With a lease, you have to put money down, then you make payments, then you have the option to buy...

To put it another way, when you lease, you "pre-negotiate" that last option to buy while having to stick to strict mileage limitations.

Is there something i'm missing?

OP
OP
yahtzee

yahtzee

Reaction score
I don't understand why people lease.
EVEN if you wanted to get rid of the car after 2-3 years, you'd be better off buying it and then trading in.

rates are so low right now. 1.99% with no down payment (should be easy to qualify for this).

With a lease, you have to put money down, then you make payments, then you have the option to buy...

To put it another way, when you lease, you "pre-negotiate" that last option to buy while having to stick to strict mileage limitations.

Is there something i'm missing?

I don't have to put money down on a lease. I choose to pay the taxes up front (just as I would on a purchase) so I don't pay interest on taxes. I like a new car every couple of years....When you trade in a car, you take a pretty significant hit as the car has depreciated quite a bit. if you want to get out of it halfway through (even if for some extenuating circumstance like a job loss) selling a car that you purchased will almost always result in a loss of some level.

If I am going to rent a car for 36 months, I'd rather do it cheaper per month (even at 1.9% I'm over $250 PER MONTH lower with a lease), have the flexibility to walk away from the car mid-lease (I just got out of a 3 year BMW lease a year early for the listing cost of $249 of the car on leasetrader.com), etc. I also understand the factors that go into leasing such as the money factor (interest rate) and residual. I negotiate for all of my leases to be sold at the buy rate (dealer cost) which helps even more. Lastly, I also get a significant tax benefit for leasing through my business.

if you are going to keep a car for 5+ years, don't lease it. It's not for everyone, but it is for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts