A/C Issue on 07 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having an issue with my A/C in my tahoe and am looking for some help. A few days ago I noticed that my A/C is "smoking" out of my vents when its on. It seems like a moisture/condensation type "smoke" so I ignored it as the A/C has continued to work fine and blow cold. However now when I make turns I can hear water sloshing back and forth under my dash and if I take a hard enough turn my feet on the pedals actually get wet! I felt the carpet and its wet on both the driver and passenger side... I have read a little about this by googleing the topic, but never found a concrete answer... Any ideas?

Basically the breakdown is:
-A/C works perfect, blows really cold
-"Smokes" out of the vents while its blowing (no odor)
-Water sloshes under the dash during turns and even splashes into the footwell if the turn is hard enough.

I would appreciate any help...
Evan

OP
OP
A

AMG ETR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I used an air gun and blew it up the drain hose under the truck as I have read on some forums and sure enough about 2 gallons of water poured out on my head lol. So I'm assuming this is going to happen again as there is obviously something in the system that is blocking the drain (that I temporarily moved). So whats the permanent solution? Do I need to disassemble the whole assembly and find the block? If so what am I disassembling?
Thanks,
Evan

newTahoeguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue in my 2013 ssv Tahoe, you ever figure out what the problem was or how did you fix

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhrusso925