99 Tahoe C0315 Service 4WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bolphur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So this is the code that came up (C0315). Is this still most likely going to be the encoder motor? Has anyone just changed the sensor? Some posts suggest that it could be a ground under the drivers door along the frame rail. What about the front actuator motor. I only say that because since I have owned the truck the tires chirp whenever I make a sharp turn (parking lot).

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
it is actually something different the code i trying to tell you the ground wire on the control module appears to be open or cut. it is on the c2 connecter and the wire is black in color. it runs into a splice approximately 4 inches from bulkhead connector towards the data link connector and from there grounds to the dash bar behind the fuse panel. you should find it right next to the under dash light mount on that left side.

OP
OP
B

Bolphur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So could this also be why my dash lights go out occasionally? Is this going to be hard to get to? Do I need to take anything off the front of the dash or just go in from underneath? Where is the bulkhead connector and data link connector? Is the data link where you plug it in to scan it? Thanks so much for your help. It's starting to snow here in northern Idaho.

OP
OP
B

Bolphur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I found the ground your talking about. I took it off and checked for corosion and tightened it back up. Am I going to have to remove the entire dash to go any further?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269