97 Yukon Tranny Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eohdtech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rebuilt the tranny in my 97 Yukon a little over a year ago, the 4l60e, everything went well, not my first tranny, all worked good till few weeks ago. Now the tranny has no reverse and feels like it starts out in third gear? I tore it out of the truck, everything looks good inside the tranny, except third gear is smoked. My local tranny guy says the ignition switch is the problem, its fried and put the tranny in limp mode. Any advice or someone else seen this problem?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if the check engine light has not come on then it is very unlikely your are in limp mode. a screwed up power feed to the tranny would have lit off several codes right away. if your gear selection on dash cluster is active then the tranny power fuse is good. Anything else you can offer in details?

OP
OP
eohdtech

eohdtech

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The engine light is not on, I checked for codes anyway and there are none. I also checked a few wires that go into the tranny for power, according to my book the one that needs 12v has that going to it. I also took the tranny to a couple different tranny shops and both say they dont see anything wrong internaly on the tranny. I also benched tested the shift solenoids, they click and move like they should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17