95 Tahoe 5.7 TTBI no start, rough idle, and stuttering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sull1102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Chevrolado you were 100% right. Put the new sensor in this morning and everything is good to go. Thanks for your help everyone.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome! So glad it worked out for you. :D Now I don't feel as bad that I had to learn that lesson the hard way.. at least I got to share it with someone else.

Keep a watch on it for a little while. :) Just to be certain you officially got it. Sometimes your problem may resurface shortly after (if that truly wasn't the main issue leading to it).

OP
OP
S

sull1102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The problem seems to be coming back with stuttering being the first symptom to return. Hesitates from idle at night after being fine all day.

OP
OP
S

sull1102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a code 32 and a 15. Occasionally won't start and some hesitation after hard start that requires the gas down all the way to turn over. It'll drive fine all day and then screws up at night.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow I'm surprised it's back! Sorry to hear that. :-(

Maybe since it's a temp driven thing.. Do you think you could possibly have a vacuum leak somewhere that opens up when it's cold out? (Rubber expands and contracts in temps)

OP
OP
S

sull1102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hesitation hasn't reared it's ugly head in a couple days, but the big problem is starting when warm. The truck will crank and crank, but not turn over unless I hold the gas to the floor, thinking about getting another Delco CTS and throwing that in before bringing it to a shop on Monday.

Chevrolado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont see how it could be eating CTS's so quickly.
Did you ever end up changing out the pigtail that goes to the CTS?

How about Idle Air Control Valve? Checked that at all?

OP
OP
S

sull1102

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven't checked the IAC at all and did not replace the pigtail when I hooked it up. It seemed to be in pretty good shape. I'm wondering if disconnecting the battery might help in any way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbris21

Latest posts