5.3 hesitation going up hill

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having this hesitation issue going up hills on city streets going under 30 mph. I dont know how else to explain in other than it feels like im flooding the engine and the note of the exhaust sounds like it's running on 4 cylinders( come to think if it i haven't checked if the stupid AFM is activating going up hill)

Anyways, quick scenario. Let's say im starting in a mostly flat road from a stop sign getting ready to climb up. Im on the street so im driving at a "normal pace". Going up hill in first and second gear it runs fine. Once 3rd hits after about 2 seconds the power feels like it goes flat, i start loosing momentum and if i give it a little more gas to keep going the engine sounds like crap. Eventually it will drop a gear if i keep pressing the gas more and more.

Anyone had a similar issues? I have an obdlink scanner, what should i be monitoring to try and diagnose this issue?

TIA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SAUDADES333