'22 At4 6.2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a '22 Yukon At4 6.2 in Midnight Blue with Air Suspension today. Replaces a '16 Suburban Z71 that served well for 130k miles (only repairs were the a/c twice). Had to go 200 miles for this At4 so got to spend a few hours with it right away. Some thoughts for anyone in the market (and thanks to all of you for the great info on this forum):

Pros
* HUD / Google Infotainment / Digital DIC are all nice and work well together. Someone had asked if the google maps directions show on the Hud, they do.
* 6.2 /10spd is a really nice improvement over the 5.3 / 6 spd from the suburban. Not sports car fast but always power on demand. Got 19.5mpg on the 200 mile drive which included alot of stop and go traffic.
* This At4 had the GM performance exhaust added -- i wouldn't have spec'd it that way but it does have a nice sound. Not too loud but there when you want it.
* Headlights are much improved from the previous generation.
* The sliding console is pretty neat, and not terribly priced compared to some of the other options.

Cons
* I had installed Bilsteins on the Suburban a few years ago -- was expecting a more noticeable ride improvement in the Yukon with Magnetic Dampers and air suspension. It is a nicer ride but honestly wouldn't call it night and day.
* I never found the Suburban seats comfortable on a long haul and this one feels the same. Too flat and firm imo.

Thanks again for all the good info posted on here..

Yukon pic.jpg

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Congrats! I’m less than a week into a 22 Yukon XL AT4 in Midnight Blue myself. I agree with most of your points here except I came from a 2016 Silverado and the ride definitely feels night and day better.

Planning on any modifications?

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I’m less than a week into a 22 Yukon XL AT4 in Midnight Blue myself. I agree with most of your points here except I came from a 2016 Silverado and the ride definitely feels night and day better.

Planning on any modifications?
Good luck with your new ride! Only planning on roof rails and mudflaps for now - you?

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I already have roof rails and I was debating the mudflats but it looks like the front are a no go with the power retractable step.

Getting the front windows tinted is my only for sure right now. That and figuring out what tire I’ll use when the factory ones are done are the only things I’m working on now.

ljn21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a '22 Yukon At4 6.2 in Midnight Blue with Air Suspension today. Replaces a '16 Suburban Z71 that served well for 130k miles (only repairs were the a/c twice). Had to go 200 miles for this At4 so got to spend a few hours with it right away. Some thoughts for anyone in the market (and thanks to all of you for the great info on this forum):

Pros
* HUD / Google Infotainment / Digital DIC are all nice and work well together. Someone had asked if the google maps directions show on the Hud, they do.
* 6.2 /10spd is a really nice improvement over the 5.3 / 6 spd from the suburban. Not sports car fast but always power on demand. Got 19.5mpg on the 200 mile drive which included alot of stop and go traffic.
* This At4 had the GM performance exhaust added -- i wouldn't have spec'd it that way but it does have a nice sound. Not too loud but there when you want it.
* Headlights are much improved from the previous generation.
* The sliding console is pretty neat, and not terribly priced compared to some of the other options.

Cons
* I had installed Bilsteins on the Suburban a few years ago -- was expecting a more noticeable ride improvement in the Yukon with Magnetic Dampers and air suspension. It is a nicer ride but honestly wouldn't call it night and day.
* I never found the Suburban seats comfortable on a long haul and this one feels the same. Too flat and firm imo.

Thanks again for all the good info posted on here..

View attachment 356263

If you are close to NC/SC and want to swap exhausts, would gladly swap my factory exhaust for your performance exhaust.

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are close to NC/SC and want to swap exhausts, would gladly swap my factory exhaust for your performance exhaust.
Im in NY but will reach out to you if I’m going to switch - actually have both exhausts because the performance exhaust was dealer installed so I asked to take the stock exhaust with me just in case.

OP
OP
NYisles1

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have roof rails and I was debating the mudflats but it looks like the front are a no go with the power retractable step.

Getting the front windows tinted is my only for sure right now. That and figuring out what tire I’ll use when the factory ones are done are the only things I’m working on now.
Read on here someone had the sunroof uv coated when they tinted their windows to block out some heat - not sure how effective that might be but may be worth looking into. Are you thinking a more aggressive tire down the line? Had switched my suburban to cooper discover at4 4s, loved them. Lasted 60k miles, great in snow, pretty quiet.

ltrain4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Get flaps from WeatherTech. They work with powerboards. With those huge tires throwing rocks, wouldn't drive it without flaps....They work and look great.
I thought I read that somewhere but when I was on their website if you say you have the power retractable step they take away the front flaps as an option. I’ll probably end up buying them just in hopes that they’ll work.

Read on here someone had the sunroof uv coated when they tinted their windows to block out some heat - not sure how effective that might be but may be worth looking into. Are you thinking a more aggressive tire down the line? Had switched my suburban to cooper discover at4 4s, loved them. Lasted 60k miles, great in snow, pretty quiet.
Yeah, something with a 3 peak on it. I live in the PNW and don’t like to chain up in the mountain passes if I don’t have to.

I’ll have to look into the sunroof coating, I haven’t heard about that one before.

Cliff-Yukon

Reaction score
Psyched to hear you like the AT4-4S.... I've done the last 150K on Michelin defenders but doing more skiing now so really pondering swapping my new Conti Crosscontact LX20 that's coming on my new SLT for the Coopers for better snow performance. Did you find them too loud or reasonable. Awesome you got 60K out of them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157

Latest posts