2023 Changes: New black grille for Tahoe/Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. As most of you know, one of the few changes for 2023 in the Tahoe/Suburban line is the option for a new black grille (RZB) with "Chevrolet" lettering. I've been kind of anxious to get info on this as I'm not super crazy about the grille on the "LT" model. My dealer told me it was an $850 option, but he didn't have any pictures.

Well searching the internet, I found this:

1656522107461.png

Assuming this is it, I guess it looks pretty good, but not sure I like it that much more than stock. Also interesting they are offering it for $446 and GM wants $850, on top of the stock grille that is already included.

Thoughts?

Hopefully this won't get moved to a different sub-forum as it directly relates to one of the few 2023 changes....

Last edited:

atwardowski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I saw this too! It would look really good on my Z71, add in some Raptor lights on it too or maybe a lightbar behind it on the bottom since there are no fog lights.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A Limited Production Option (LPO) is a preordered option that includes a single
accessory or a collection of accessories that are part of a special package.
Features and Benefits of LPO Program
* Ordered during vehicle order process
* Fully residualized (listed on the Monroney label)
* Covered by New Vehicle Limited Warranty*
* Included in floor plan
* Provided by ADI and installed by Dealer
* Labor paid through warranty system similar to Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI)

New Features
bullet.gif
Exterior color (G6N) Silver Sage Metallic​
bullet.gif
Exterior color (GNT) Radiant Red Tintcoat​
bullet.gif
Exterior color (GXD) Sterling Gray Metallic​
bullet.gif
(N57) Wrapped steering wheel​
bullet.gif
(SII) 22" bright aluminum wheels with Midnight Silver premium paint​
bullet.gif
(SIY) 22" selective machining Carbon Flash wheels​
bullet.gif
(RZB) Black grille with Chevrolet lettering, LPO​
bullet.gif
(UKL) Super Cruise (not available at this time)​

Last edited:

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks to be basically the same grill they've been using on the work truck model silverados for years. Funny they would try to charge $850 for the lowest trim level grill available and probably call it an "upgrade"

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind that grille, so long as there was an alternative version where the "Chevrolet" could be illuminated.

I'm kind of upset that GM didn't go with an all-gloss black grille for the AT4, since they did that with the rest of the trim on the vehicle. That's one of the reasons why I kept the brushed and tinted finish on my aftermarket wheels, so I can even things out on the vehicle's color pallet. Otherwise, I would have gone with all black wheels.

craigbomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the grill is gloss black with textured or matte "Chevrolet". I can't tell for sure and love my gloss black grill on 22. Want to order t his but don't want it all to be matte black. Anyone know for sure?

atwardowski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the grill is gloss black with textured or matte "Chevrolet". I can't tell for sure and love my gloss black grill on 22. Want to order t his but don't want it all to be matte black. Anyone know for sure?
I would put money on it being Matte. It looks like the same grill thats on the Silverado trucks, which is Matte.

craigbomb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats what I figured. Bummer, I would have snagged it if it were gloss. I've seen them up close on silverado and its like a textured matte. Not as high end looking IMO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts