2022 Tahoe: Second row captain's chairs touch rear tire well when laid down and moved all the way back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've had an issue for a while with my 2022 Tahoe where the passenger side captain chair touches the rear tire well when it's in the all the way back position and laid down. It's leaving marks on the plastic back there. The dealer keeps saying it's normal and even "compared" it to another model when I had it in and said the other one did the same thing. Funny thing is though the manager told me the one they compared it to was identical to mine in that the driver side chair didn't touch while the passenger side did. After having my vehicle in for this issue as well as a clicking noise in the driver captain chair now BOTH captain chairs touch when laid down and all the way back position. Can someone with a 2022 Tahoe confirm if yours is doing this? If possible please take photos so I can show the dealer that it's not normal. I just don't believe they built this vehicle like this and don't trust the dealer when they "compare" to different models. This same dealer has told me that before and lied about it.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to track down another 2022 at CarMax today unexpectedly and low and behold it does the same thing as mine which is just absolutely mind boggling to me that the vehicle would be built this way intentionally

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to track down another 2022 at CarMax today unexpectedly and low and behold it does the same thing as mine which is just absolutely mind boggling to me that the vehicle would be built this way intentionally
Our 2022 tahoe is like that also but we rarely have the 3rd row up and the 2nd row is never back that far to hit it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2022 tahoe is like that also but we rarely have the 3rd row up and the 2nd row is never back that far to hit it.
I mostly try to keep the captains chairs all the way back to give anyone sitting there more leg room (and to keep my kids’ feet away from my seat) but I’ll just have to remember to move it up when I’m laying them down I guess. I have no idea why they’d design it like this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blacksheepstuntz