2021 Navigation Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xycrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if I'm having the latest map update already in my 2021 Tahoe.
My SD Card shows a number 4340 & 8484 for the maps. Is this the 2022 version already? Does anyone recently received the 2022 maps update and could confirm?

The other question is... how do I get the traffic information? Do I need to pay for Onstar or is there any other way to get the traffic information for the 2021 navigation?
For those who don't know: 2021 is using a different platform than 2022. 2022 is based on Google. 2021 is based on another system.

Thanks in advance

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you must have connected date thru OnStar to get traffic info and live traffic data. It's the price to pay to use the potential of the infotainment system to the fullest.
As far as maps go, I've never personally updated mine but I've never ran into an inaccuracy or problem that would make me want to look further. Overall, it has worked very well. I personally don't like AA or ACP dominating my system every time I get in, so I use the native Navi exclusively and am happy with it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon