2017 Tahoe rear hatch touchless/proximity key doesn’t work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinglax08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As the title say, rear touchless entry and proximity opening aren’t working on a 2017 Tahoe. All other doors work with proximity key/sensor. I can still open rear by unlocking car and using handle, button on key fob, overhead button. It wouldn’t be an issue a few years ago, but now is a problem when juggling kids.

Does anyone have a good troubleshooting flow or good diagram of rear components to help diagnose? Parts sites diagrams aren’t helpful enough.

Edit: recently had the rear bumper replaced after an accident. Features worked prior to dropping off. Assuming something was not reconnected but trying to avoid leaving it with the collision shop for who knows how long…

Thanks everyone for the help!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just got through fixing the rear liftgate on a 2018 Suburban but his rear liftgate would only open and close by hand. New struts fixed it. Does not sound like your problem. Good luck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well you could look under there and see if is something as simple as the sensor not being plugged in but otherwise I would take it back and be a squeaky wheel and also state you already "paid you due wait time in line" for the repair and to please expedite fixing the issue. I would take it up right with the manager directly as that is usually the person that can have it done by directing subordinates to do it now.

OP
OP
K

kinglax08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well you could look under there and see if is something as simple as the sensor not being plugged in but otherwise I would take it back and be a squeaky wheel and also state you already "paid you due wait time in line" for the repair and to please expedite fixing the issue. I would take it up right with the manager directly as that is usually the person that can have it done by directing subordinates to do it now.
I should edit again. Looked under there as best I could and all connectors I found were attached. Couldn’t tell where the handless sensor was OR should be.

If it isn’t anything I can figure out quickly I plan to address with management at the collision shop.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you check the options on the radio to see if it is enabled or disabled in the menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia