2011 Yukon XL 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking into a tune for my 2011 Yukon Xl 2500. It is generally a daily driver, but I have 8500lb trailer that I tow about once or twice a month.

I know the 2500's are somewhat rare, but do you do these tunes?
Will your tune help with MPG?
Will it help to smooth out the 6l90e tranny?
Should I wait on the tune until I put an intake and or exhaust on?

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks, Intake is first on my list.
Took a trip from Phoenix to Wyoming and towed a small 1500 to 1800lb trailer back and I couldn't belive how much the tranny shifted. I didn't mind so much in the tall mountains, but I was a little suprised by the smaller mountains.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intake's are all the same. The plastic intake tube is less restricted and better flowing. Personally I'd get AIRAID, Volant, or K&N. The BB tune is all up to you. They have an "87/89" octane tune that's more of an economy tune. Then they have a 93 octane tune that will give more HP's. You can also get your Tow/haul button turned into a "sport mode" if you don't ever tow anything and when on, changes the transmissions shifting points and also makes the shifting firmer. This is all based off my personal experience with the in person custom BB tune.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What engine do you have?

Since you have a 6spd, I would recommend the AutoCal, so you can tune both the engine and transmission. Also, no need to wait on the intake and exhaust, we offer free tune updates. When you install the mods, just send us a new log, and we will get a new tune emailed out to you. www.blackbearperformance.com/autocal.asp

Your MPGs will largely depend on your right foot, and fuel (quality and octane).

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thansk JennaBear,

I have the 6.0L, same used in the HD series of trucks. The 2500 series always runs on 8 cylinders.

I didn't buy the Yukon to get great fuel economy and for the size and weight of it, I shouldn't be dissapointed, but a little more is always better.

What other vehicle can I take my Girl, the two boys, the dog (Great Dane) and a tow a trailer comfortably?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Low Beam