2008 Tahoe Factory Heated Seats Issue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobhammer711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My front heated seats quit working. I push the heat button on the door and the lights flash for four seconds and then turn off. This happens on both front seats. The rear seats are not affected and heat just fine. I checked the fuses and they are fine. I stopped at the local dealer and I was told it was a switch that was bad. I looked at GM Parts and sure enough there is a switch for the seats. Now the two front seats are having issues with moving forwards and backwards as several of you have reported. It seems to be a switch problem because I can play with the controller and eventually move the seats. My local trustworthy repair shop couldn't figure it out and suggested taking it to the dealer. Dealer is talking $500 or so before looking at my truck, but I don't trust them. But since I didn't get the fix it yourself gene I am going to have to take my Tahoe in. So any advice is appreciated before I go to the dealer. Thanks...Bob

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that's usually caused by a break in the heater wire, especially on the bottom seat because it gets the most wear.
if you pull the seat cover off you will likely see the problem which is usually black burnt spots with a break in the wire, the heater pad can be replaced
later years i think 2010+ changed to a heater fan that blows heated air into a vented lower seat pad, then the back portion is still a heater wire. but it could also depend on the trim level mine is a 2012 denali and has the fan

OP
OP
bobhammer711

bobhammer711

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Lube was necessary. Local Pearland Chevy dealer replaced seat control module. ($279) It controlled both front seats power/heat functions. After installing the part they didn't have programming codes because my 2008 Tahoe "was so old" and they had to call GM Service to get a new programming code number for the module to work. This took several extra days because they told me GM Service wasn't answering the phone!? Finally get the code, program the module, and finish the job. Dealer had my Tahoe for a week. $833. Hopefully this is the last time I will have to visit the dealer with this vehicle. But, it's fixed I'm rolling with my heated seats again. GM makes the best heated seats of any manufacturer I have driven because of the separated butt and back heat. As someone with chronic back pain I had to pay the price. But lube was necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike_16_denali