2007 Yukon SLT Fog Lights Melted

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone... I'm trying to change the fog light housings on my 2007 Yukon SLT, I had installed HID kits on the headlights & fog lights 35w 6000k color but like i've been reading in this forum and other places HID bulb size 5202 is longer than halogen bulb and is to close to the lens so my fog lights have a melted heart shape now in the middle. they still look good when on but during day they look horrible dull and yellowish!..

My question is what do you all recommend so this won't happen again, I am thinking of getting the 15 SMD LED replacement bulbs I found on eBay when I order the new fog light housings and projection headlights but don't know if LED is even bright enough.. I mean the headlights are super bright but will it give enough light to look good on the truck? It might sound stupid but I don't want it to look sh^%*! Does any one have these or has any one found a way to use HID and not melt your lenses?? I wish they made these in Glass, any one seen any good replacements?? Thanks to all in advance...

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
i run led, This is the reason why i didnt do hids in my fogs.

OP
OP
jophus0124

jophus0124

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help and replies! That's exactly what I wanted to see how they actually looked on either a Tahoe or Yukon and how bright they looked when on .. So then I'll purchase the replacement fog housings and a pair of the LEDs.. Thanks again.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
looks good thanks. No light output what so ever on the road.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going for "looks" then ok yea, LED's.
I prefer Both.

Try these, Metal body, glass lense Projector driving lights.

Incombination with your HID Bulbs you alrdy have.

I run them and they bright as hell, look damn sexy when on during day, and dont melt.
Hell I bet they cheaper than the LED bulbs you about to buy.

BTW, they are 90% plug n play.. require Minor bracket mods.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
Hello everyone... I'm trying to change the fog light housings on my 2007 Yukon SLT, I had installed HID kits on the headlights & fog lights 35w 6000k color but like i've been reading in this forum and other places HID bulb size 5202 is longer than halogen bulb and is to close to the lens so my fog lights have a melted heart shape now in the middle. they still look good when on but during day they look horrible dull and yellowish!..

Which kit(and company purchased from) did you have that melted your fog light housings? I am considering this mod but don't want to make the same mistake.

Oh, and welcome to the forum from another Texan!! :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honda 01