2004 Yukon rear wiper problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I vaguely remember a TSB somewhere about the rear wipers on the NBS SUVs. Something about a bad ground on the wiper controller under the hood? Or a bad ground on something. I do remember that the solution was to add a ground wire.

I think so too. Give it straight juice and see what it does. If it works, put the factory + back and leave your new -. See what it does when you hit the button. We can go from there.

BTW, have you had someone hit the button while you have a meter on the wires at the motor?

OP
OP
S

Stevo1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Boy do I feel as dumb as a bag of hammers. I also had to replace the wiper arm (I busted mine trying to get the old wiper motor to move). As it turns out, when I turned the wiper motor on, the wiper blade would get caught on the bottom of the rear windshield. A little "friendly persuasion", and voila! It works. A huge thanks to all who chimed in on this. I was about to pull what's left of my hair out.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Boy do I feel as dumb as a bag of hammers. I also had to replace the wiper arm (I busted mine trying to get the old wiper motor to move). As it turns out, when I turned the wiper motor on, the wiper blade would get caught on the bottom of the rear windshield. A little "friendly persuasion", and voila! It works. A huge thanks to all who chimed in on this. I was about to pull what's left of my hair out.

Happens to the best of us. We get all caught up in what could possibly be going on that we miss the simple thing right in front of us. Glad you got it sorted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman