2002 tahoe suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are factory shocks. But I will go ahead and tell you, if you think the hoe is level, it is NOT stock. they come nose heavy from the factory. The front bump stops are touching, which tells me that the front/if not all, is lowered. If you raise the torsion bars, make sure both front wheels are off the ground with the weight of the vehicle OFF the suspension. Put the jack stands on the frame. I will say this. The more you raise the torsion bars, the more the suspension will ride like a go kart. Itll be MORE stiff and tight. So this may not help the problem. May just make it worse.

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
I don't see new spindles or control arms on the front, just new shocks so I'm guessing the lowered the bars, but it seems to low for just the bars to be lower, on the back maybe they use new springs, it's about an 1 1/2" for the bump stop to touch the arm.. I just want to raise the front a bit so the bump stop its not touching the arm..

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I'm wondering if I'm gonna have to get different rims if I go back to stock height or it won't have any problems?

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
so I did 2 turns on the pass. side and 3 1/2 on driver side, still looks eve,but just about 1/2 higher, not sure if its ok to keep screwing it more to get little more height, the bump stop its about 1" from touching the arm, that's better then how it was before but still not enough height, im getting new shocks to see if that makes any differents before lifting the key more..

OP
OP
B

bowdown916

Reaction score
I just install new front shocks , and the bump stops still about 1" from touching the arm, not sure if that's how it suppost to be or it might be something else...

also when I turn the wheels, I feel in the steering wheel like a little noise or like a bump, hard to explain,not sure if theres something on the steering part that you guys recommend me to check?

skbishop90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything you are describing is about a lowered Tahoe. the noise and weird bump you feel whenever you steer all the way to locks is somewhat normal once the suspension geometry has been changed due to being lowered or raised. A true alignment with the extra cam bushings. http://www.belltech.com/products/belltech/alignment-kits/alignment-kit-2.html

That's what I bought for my 06 2wd. The more you raise the torsion bars, the more it will directly affect the ride quality and the alignment being off. Post a picture of the Tahoe on level ground. A picture of the whole thing. If the tail end if up in the air and the front is low than its stock and you may have weak torsion bars. But if it is all low and pretty much even, than more than likely you have lowering springs in the rear and a lowering torsion key for the front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommy2boys211