2000 Yukon XL Reprogramming Climate Control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chet70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and am wanting to get some info on how to reset my climate control system in my truck. I had the battery disconnected for about 5 days while I replaced the intake gaskets and when I reconnected the battery, the system stays on defrost. Blower and auto works fine, just no adjustment on the floor/defrost/vents.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I am new to this forum and am wanting to get some info on how to reset my climate control system in my truck. I had the battery disconnected for about 5 days while I replaced the intake gaskets and when I reconnected the battery, the system stays on defrost. Blower and auto works fine, just no adjustment on the floor/defrost/vents.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
disconnect battery again or pull hvac fuse, wait a few seconds, reconnect.
that should make it recalibrate

OP
OP
C

Chet70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I tried that a few times and it still didn’t work. Couldn’t hear anything happening under the dash either. Any other ideas?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I tried that a few times and it still didn’t work. Couldn’t hear anything happening under the dash either. Any other ideas?
leave the battery disconnected or fuse out for about 5 minutes and try again, that should work. If not then either the actuator is stuck or you need a tech2

NELLY1947

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also I've been told to connect the positive first then rhe negative I've been told that way no arching.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also I've been told to connect the positive first then rhe negative I've been told that way no arching.
The trick is to do in one shot and not be wiggling it around so it's intermittently loosing connection while tightening, this can cause a bad handshake

OP
OP
C

Chet70

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
leave the battery disconnected or fuse out for about 5 minutes and try again, that should work. If not then either the actuator is stuck or you need a tech2
What do you mean by a tech2?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What do you mean by a tech2?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019