11 Escalade super rough ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 11 escalade premium, has just turned 70k, factory 22's, ride is terrible, not just tire/wheel deal I dont think, seems like ft struts locked in a super firm setting. No warning lights on, wiring connected to both struts, did unhook battery to reset everything, this rides way worse than my 2500HD and thats no lie..

rodwar254

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I had the same problem with my '12 premium. The dealership replaced the front at purchase but left the rears. I thought it was the tires at first, but after replacing them the ride was still harsh. I finally took it in last week for a check and both rear shocks were locked up and the bladder had an air leak in it. After having both rear shocks replace, the Cadi finally rides as smooth as butter on the road. Get those shocks replaced man you wont be disappointed.

OP
OP
E

ezstriper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine was the ft struts, I think they killed them when they had it cranked down so much on the car carrier, but who knows, replaced them and cure the issue

stepank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys,

I know this is old forum, but also I know that people are still looking for resolution.
I was running in rough ride problem for long time until I got resolution. I was chasing on web for any hint but not much luck. To make story short, let me tell you that everything is matter and relates to quality of ride.

Tires quality
Tires weight
Tires stiffness rate
Tires size
Tires pressure
Shocks quality
Stocks condition
Spring rate (did not try myself, but Tahoe with different springs drives softer)
Level sensors
Even computer in some cases.

So I was riding on 22” original rims with Bridgestone tires (111T stiffness index) on front and some unknown company tires on back (with 113T) . The Escalade ride as dump track. But when I put unknown tires on front, it become unbearable at all. First thing I decided is to replace front struts. It helped in measurable way, but not resolved the issue. Next I decided that enough is enough and decided to downgrade to 20” tires . So I bough new light rims, new Michelin tires. And I can tell you, this made huge difference. My track become finally enjoyable to ride. It becomes Caddy again. Just to make it visible. New Michelin 20” (defender) tires 113T at 35 PSI are more comfortable than old Bridgestone 22” tires 111T (which means should be softer) at 30 PSI.

Now little bit step back to my reference to light rims. I think it will be helpful too. I had second problem, vibration at 65 m/h. So all my replacements was attempt to resolve these 2 issues. I replaced half of truck. There is how different components affected balance in my case: Front struts gave about 10% in vibration problem, another 5% was old rotors, weight of tires and rims is about 40% and last 45% is quality of tires. I can tell you, I was trying to balance Bridgestone tires (regular and road balance) without any success on many of my vehicles. I always thought it something wrong with my car, until I install Michelin and problem gone. Also, light weight of rims and tires helped to resolve reverberation problem, when you hit porthole and whole car vibrate for a second.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh