07 Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cshayes2

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to the shop yesterday to get a quote for a brush guard for my truck. will be leaving before christmas so ill be getting them a little early. Got a hook up on a Aurora 30 inch light bar to be mounted on the brush guard for $150. In the future ill be buying a 50 inch for $300. on light bars alone ill be saving around $1000 so I'm stoked about that. Ill post some pictures when i get the light in and when i get them installed.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

Just to post a couple things that Ive previously mentioned but never posted.
Heres my double din JVC head unit. Its A non navigation unit, but has an app to stream my iPhone nav to the screen so its useful in long trips. Although i don't ever travel anywhere I don't already know where Im going.

2ujpcvp.jpg

This is a USB port I had installed to the cigarette lighter for iPhone chargers. You can also see the Bass control knob that controls the gain level of my amp. I have the gain on my amp set to about half, and the knob allows me to turn it from no bass to the setting on the amp and anything in between. Cool feature when listening to different genres.

mh8u88.jpg

Mileage on the truck today. She's growing up fast :'(

bhimud.jpg

Here are the infamous headlights, The halos are brighter than they appear in the picture. They're very visible in the day time and at night too obviously. However, the low beams are as previously advertised on the site and are awful. I use the high beams and no one on the road can tell the difference. I think I'm going to do the conversion on the stock headlights and put oracle halos in them when I get done with the stuff I'm buying currently, and try to paint the reflectors and stuff to my liking. but for currently these will do.

2ajrjhe.jpg

Heres the trimming i had to do to fit the 34 inch Toyo ATs on there. Ive had no issues with the front bumper flexing our anything like that.

sql253.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cshayes2

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered some half moon out fitter red 36 inch roof rack pads, and some black tail light guards. The Light bar i ordered should be here next wednesday and I'm ordering and scheduling install on the light bar and brush guard for friday the 12th . can't wait for all the new stuff haha. it'll all be going on friday and ill post pics.

OP
OP
Cshayes2

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here are the pictures of the roof rack pads, brush guard, and light bar. Really happy with the whole set up.
2jcirtl.jpg
Heres the light output at night of the light bar the picture doesn't do justice cause it feels like day time with it on haha.
v43zmq.jpg

The tail light guards will be in tomorrow and ill put them in myself, Cosmetically, this is one one the last major changes. I've decided not to add rims, and also decided to take apart my stock headlights paint them completely black, and putting white oracle SMD halos, in the headlights and fogs, with LED white bulbs. then ill don't know what to with my life haha

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cshayes2

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 new addition to the truck, and couple addition to my plans.

I added a truxtech pod wired into the reverse lights next to the trailer hitch, nice addition since i have the 5% tint to light up behind me. Will get a picture tonight.

New plans include, getting rid of the junk headlights I bought. should've listened to everyone on here. painting the housing on my stock ones and putting them back in whenever I get back home, then when I get the money put some retros in them.

Also going to buy 2 more pods and use them as fog lights. Ive seen it done on raptors and trucks and judging from the reverse light I installed I don't think it'll blind other drivers, the pods will cost around $100 so not much more expensive than LEDs and cheaper than most HID kits.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
preinternet