02 Tahoe undercoating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BadOlHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did some searches, I couldn't find anything pertaining to this specific problem.

I spent most of the summer on my 02 hoe using rust-oleum on the rusty inner and outer wheel wells where a fender flare would go and then Plasti dipped over the top of that to cover up. Looks great from 50 feet. Question is undercoating. I dropped the ball and didn't get it done before our first snow and salt which is set to be done overnight tonight here. (Central Wisconsin)

I'm going to get the oil based sprayed under but if I do it next week after a potential salt ride, theoretically wouldn't that just seal in the salt even after a wash? Would you wait until next season? Any thoughts or experiences are appreciated.

P.S. my avatar is about a 75 foot picture of the work done

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rustoleum makes a rust reformer that is flat black. I put that on my rust parts and then spray over them with their high heat ceramic coating mostly. The rust reformer uses tannic acid to convert the rust to a black coating and stops it from reforming. Then you can paint over that for more durability or you can just leave it alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu