Z71 Step tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had a chance to take mine off today.....

I was planning on slapping some stainless steel bolts in there along with lock washers and nuts, but you can't get to the other side of it to be able to put the nuts on. It seems as though GM used an aluminum push pin type thing to secure these (no wonder they're loose). This is obviously a crappy design, but without being able to get to the back I think I may have to get a few of these from the dealer.

Any thoughts guys??

I'm in the same boat with out my paddle still... To top things off just found out I have a bearing going out... When it rains it pours!!!

Who's ur caddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 04 Z71.. What i did used some bolts large enough and tight enough to screw them and it held up pretty good

OP
OP
S

Stein2088

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 04 Z71.. What i did used some bolts large enough and tight enough to screw them and it held up pretty good

Are you refering to like self tapping screws??? or an actual nut and bolt??? I'm out at school and can only lay on the ground so I may not have the best angle but how did you keep the nut from spinning???

Who's ur caddy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Are you refering to like self tapping screws??? or an actual nut and bolt??? I'm out at school and can only lay on the ground so I may not have the best angle but how did you keep the nut from spinning???

No nuts, just used a bolt. not sure on size but it held up my PLUS SIZE ass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willabea