Z71 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

findog78

Reaction score
jcsswix - How do you like those Nitto grapplers? I have been eye balling those. Do those 20" rims leave you enough sidewall when you air down?

PS. Ive only see a few Z71 07 and up.

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 259904
jcsswix - How do you like those Nitto grapplers? I have been eye balling those. Do those 20" rims leave you enough sidewall when you air down?

PS. Ive only see a few Z71 07 and up.

Love the Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They're great on and off-road. I have plenty of sidewall when aired down. They are 10ply so they're very stout. I haven't ran them less than 15psi. It required extensive trimming of the inner fender well to fit the wheel/tire setup without rubbing even with the few inches of lift from my suspension setup. Also yeah I have seen very few z71's 07 and up too... They're not very common it seems.

IMG_20200816_110553~2.jpg

IMG_20200816_110554~2.jpg

Last edited:

pt1965

Reaction score
they are geolanders on stock 18s and they ride good. ive had nittos too, good ride but short tread life.

jcsswix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
they are geolanders on stock 18s and they ride good. ive had nittos too, good ride but short tread life.

Which Nittos did you have? Everyone I know that has had the ridge grapplers have had excellent tread life. They were recommended to me by a friend who manages a discount tire company and in my own research online the consensus was they run 40k miles easily if properly rotated. This played a huge part in my decision to go with them.

pt1965

Reaction score
Which Nittos did you have? Everyone I know that has had the ridge grapplers have had excellent tread life. They were recommended to me by a friend who manages a discount tire company and in my own research online the consensus was they run 40k miles easily if properly rotated. This played a huge part in my decision to go with them.
sorry, i'm not sure, it was a few trucks ago. i just remember treads wore down at 30k and wet traction suffered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tadsher