Z71 in-bumper fog light replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

khigh

Reaction score
I've got the 2000 OBS Z71 with the fogs in the bumper except they don't work. I was going to replace them with some modern LEDs, but can't quite understand how they're in there. Feeling around, I just feel one small screw at the top - aiming adjustment?

I THINK I just found out searching and researching that I have to take off the whole bumper to service them. Is that the case?

Ugh

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
Thanks

OK - so I can retain the ones that are on there by replacing the bulb, but to swap them out at the housing level would require removing the bumper?

I've got a whole bunch of "stuff" to do to the front end and have most of the parts. front receiver, push bar, all new lights and housings. Still deciding on grill inserts (might just go with plasti-dip yet). So this would be the time to do it. they've never worked so I don't have a comparison, really. Anyone know if they're good lights?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
if you look from behind it you will see two mounting nuts holding the enclosures on.

Attachments

• gmt400 fog lamp bulb replacement.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 7

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id be interested in buying the stock foglights with the mounting buckets off of you if you decide to replace the stock stuff and go the LED route.
Thanks
tbruz

OP
OP
khigh

khigh

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to get back to it yet, but if A) The whole bumper has to come off, and B) the bulbs are easily reolaced, I might just leave them. They look good enough, and I think any fogs in that position are going to be hampered on the flood pattern by the forthcoming pushbar. Right now I've been having to deal with the Silverado from hell so I haven't been back to the Tahoe.

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are talking about replacing bulbs I did my HID swap without removing the bumper or the fog light assembly. If by chance you do go with HIDs in the fogs I HIGHLY recommend getting extension harnesses to mount the ballasts up on the header panel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00