Z71 Door Handles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HaMaNy-LT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dear Readers,

I am looking forward to changing my door handle look into a Z71 brushed aluminium but I don't know the part number and the dealership tells me its chrome. now I am mixed up.

Which is correct?

The Z71 Door handle is :

1. Brushed Aluminium
2. Chrome

and i would be really grateful if someone can get me the part number for the Z71 Door Handles.

Thanks Alot !!!

Last edited:

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LTZ chrome is called "Bright Chrome"

Z71 chrome is called "Platinum Chrome"

Not sure of PN...

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 AM ----------

couldnt find a PN but I did find them on gmpartsdirect.com under the catalog section

2008 - Chevrolet/Geo - Tahoe - (Rear/Front) door, Lock and hardware, Handle outside, Platinum chrome, Platinum chrome (Right/Left)

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealership does not have aluminum handles. all handles are PMI (plastic mold injection) then they are painted or chrome tape is then applied, i believe. AMI makes alum. handles 500-600.

Last edited:

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gmpartsdirect.com has them for 40 to 55 bucks each depending on front/rear/left/right

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI Chevrolet has discontinued the use of the OEM aluminum look trim because they stain easily (there is even a TSB for the issue - no replacement though). I have them and it looks like there are rust spots...

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the looks; however, the rust spots appeared within the 1st year of ownership. I took it to 2 dealers and they would not replace them. The TSB for the trim indicates it is a problem with de-icing chemicals used on the roadways. There is a reason it was discontinued on the following years.

If you live in a warm climate (no de-icing chemicals used), I would have them.

emann_01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im down in houston and my tahoe is coming up on 3 years old....no rust and no problems

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I live in Panama City Beach so I don't think it would be a problem... Now I just need to figure out how to order them from gm parts direct and they be the right paint color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilb