Z71 Bumper Cover on LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TeaDubya2011

The Phenomenal Hoe
Reaction score
So first things first, ive researched for some time and haven't found much information. I recently had an incident involving a deer and have my money right to get it repaired. I've got to replace the front bumper assembly and would like to know if the Z71 bumper will swap right over and if so, how much of a difference is the gap in the sides that line up with the fender flares with the fender? Also, how much of a clearance difference is there between the z71 bumper and a regular one? That's the big difference here, I want additional height clearance.

I also have been researchin whether or not a ranch hand will fit the z71 bumper the same as a LT or LTZ bumper.. haven't had much success with that either.

So, will the Z71 bumper fit and give more height clearance on my LT? Secondly, will my ranch hand still fit with the Z71 bumper?

Pictures would be greatly appreciated

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes the z71 bumper will fit but the body line where flares go will have a stick out unless you add flares. The lower corners are taller with Z71 for ground clearance but otherwise the same in middle. It will fit on the LT with no issue. The ranch hand will also fit on any bumper. The front LT and LTZ are the same bumper on rears are different. If you did go Z71 in front paint to match the whole thing instead of silver middle section. Add flares to the hoe and yes they will fit over rear bumper no issues.

Hate3rdRow

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an older thread but I am looking to do the opposite, I hope you can help me out with a couple answers. I am looking at a 2013 Tahoe Z71 and don't want the flares but like the price and color combo. Unfortunately i am 4.5 hours away from the vehicle and I have to do my negotiating remotely but I want to make sure I am not wasting my time.

Do I understand correct I can remove the Z71 fender flares on the 2013? Just on with 3M double and maybe some clips under it? That goes for the rear as well?

Then the only difference is the front "split" bumber that sticks out a bit on each side and does the rear bumper also stick out? If I bought a new cover front and rear for an LT would it fit back to "normal" and feedback would be helpful, those flares are just not for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dev00

Latest posts