Z71 Bumbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So as you all probably know the Z71 painted bumpers rust out pretty easily. I was wondering if anyone knew where the to get replacement bumpers? Just the metal portion. I can swap over all the plastic and stuff

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So as you all probably know the Z71 painted bumpers rust out pretty easily. I was wondering if anyone knew where the to get replacement bumpers? Just the metal portion. I can swap over all the plastic and stuff

Why not just blast and repaint them yourself?Get some paint from automotivetouchup.com.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Ebay, amazon, lmc, jc Whitney.
Depending on how bad your rust is it your bumper might be salvageable.
Or powder coating is the best option

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership
Amazon
eBay
GMPartsDirect
CarParts
DiscountBodyParts
Junkyard
Etc...

Anywhere there are car parts you can find a bumper piece.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My uncle has a body shop and they've redone a ton of these bumpers before and no matter what they did the rust always came back unless they got a new metal bumper. So figured best way was to start new.

Out of those places you guys listed is there one that's usually cheapest

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the seller. Amazon may be cheaper than eBay one day and not the next.
I believe this is the part number you are looking for. 1912187

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
My uncle has a body shop and they've redone a ton of these bumpers before and no matter what they did the rust always came back unless they got a new metal bumper. So figured best way was to start new.

Out of those places you guys listed is there one that's usually cheapest
No , gm just went cheap on paint lol. Do it over and do it right your good forever and will be a better finish than factory. Use a rust inhibitor and prep right and I've personally never had rust come back....ever.
Powder coat strips all the way down to bare metal, getting rid of all paint, primer, and rust. That way will and should last longer than the vehicle itself.

OP
OP
B

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Is $100/bumper pretty much the average going price? That's what it seems like

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
100-150 plus shipping , unless its free, which it never is for me lol

Another reason why I say try and salvage your oem one is because it's a better , stronger , thicker grade metal. Aftermarket bumpers arent as good and crunch a little easier in a wreck and also can sag after a few years.
Just a thought.
Maybe search for a used bumper locally.

And csn we get a pic somewhere in this thread? I like pics more that reading ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645