Yukon stalls when lower then 1/4 thank?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
It could be that your fuel gauge is reading high due to corrosion on the ground strap from the fuel pump. Mine read high and would run out of gas when it showed 1/4 tank. Can't remember exactly where the ground is, but that may be an issue with yours.

Always a possibility but he did confirm some what that it was not gauge when refilling tank.

04YukonKathy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HELP! 04 Yukon also stalls-can't find fuel filter-I'm desperate!

Hi. My name is Kathy and I have a 2004 Yukon I bought new. It has nearly 90,000 miles and also stalls when I slow down. I have been advised to replace the fuel filter, which in an old Muscle Car, I'd have no problemo. I have searched under the truck and have been on the internet for hours trying to find out where my X*()@$^! fuel filter is located! I found the closest problem on this site (thank you Steve-hope you fix your's) and have been on the web the entire day investigating the location of the fuel filter. I don't look at all the type to be able to wrench a car or motorcycle, but I CAN! 5'5" Blonde, 125lbs-and I do NOT look (or act) my age.

When I call the dealership, of course they tell me that I have no choice but to bring it in!

There are several sites and people who say that the fuel filter is on driver's side between front and rear door on the rail. I have also found the same forum states that "if it is not there, it is in the gas tank" and another person says "it's there, but really hard to find". Which is it? The dealers won't tell you!

I would really appreciate a straight answer from someone as I have two boys, 8 & 12 years old and cannot due without a vehicle as I am taking care of my 80 year old mother who has cancer and they all depend on me.

Could someone PLEASE either take a digital picture of the location of the filter or verify that it is definately in the gas tank! I've been under my sweetie for way too long.

SOOOOO frustrated, want to cry!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
:welcome:

It should be left side of frame mounted on the fram rail roughly between the doors. It is held on with a clamp and has two line that go on either end and looks like a soup can. Real easy work. However if it happens when you slow down it is most likely not your filter otherwise you would not be able to get the engine up in speed because of starvation. Do you have a check engine light that stays on all the time since this has been happening?

04YukonKathy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yukon fuel filter is not there

Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your response as well. There is nothing along the entire rail on my Yukon that could possibly be a fuel filter. I looked up the filter itsself, and it does not exist on my '04 Yukon. I did buy it October or November of 04 and someone told me that it could be a 2003 1/2!

I am about to give up! It is just not there. Have had 4 mechanics look over the weekend and none of them can locate a filter either. I guess it must be in the gas tank. No other logical explanation. I doubt they forgot to put one in my car-but, the way my luck has been going-maybe they did forget to install one!

I have a lot of experience with engines, tune-ups, re-builds, worked for a high performance shop, etc. So, thank you for your help, but I need a GMC guy on the side-dealership too expesive!

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Sorry to skip on the light-No light!

Also, speedometer stopped working-yeah!

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

A thoughtful person had been stealing gas out of my Yukon, so I did put a locking gas cap on it. I wonder if the theif put something in my tank! I also put a higher grade of gas in her and I am keeping the tank about 1/2 to 3/4 full, no that I think the locking cap will deter the theif.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hpark1975