Yukon Problems thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fowldarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Intro, My Yukon Problems Thread

Consider this my introductory thread. I have a 1994 Yukon 2 dr, 165,000 miles on it, red, grey fender flares. (pics to come when I get home)

Okay, my other post states my biggest priority regarding the front end, but here is a list of the other problems my Yukon is having. I was wondering if anyone was having similar problems, or if they new what I may be looking at. or just to commiserate with me.

1) dashlights work intermittently
2) headlight switch seems to have a short (maybe connected to above)
3) oil pressure runs low when warm
4) missing plastic trim in very back (passenger side tailgate to roof)
5) rear cupholders don't stay in console (slide in and out freely)
6) blower motor (for heat and A/C) seems to be dead (this is new after limping it along for a couple of years)
7) sits too low
8) needs new tires
9) passenger door panel is loose

other than those things, it's in pretty good shape. I'll throw some pics up later on.

Last edited:

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nothing money can't fix...................... :)

1 and 2 sound like a wiring issue.
3 could be the sending unit, or really issues with a bigger expense, like the motor loosing oil pressure. Need to isolate that one.
4, ebay.
5, glue em in place if you want them to be Permanent .
6, add new switch
7 someone lower it, or suspension wore out?
8, pretty important next to oil pressure.
9, new clips can be picked up for door panels at auto parts store. Common

don't let the petty things wear you out. Write down (like you did) and knock the things out, prioritize in importance, and safety first.

OP
OP
F

fowldarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Clarifying #7 - it needs a little lift. stock suspension has 165,000 miles on it, and it's starting to show.

#6 - pretty sure it's the motor itself, tapping the housing under the passenger side dash used to get it running (and when I say tap, I mean whacking it with the long handled window scraper)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Magnetman59