Yukon Headlight Selector Inop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wizzy1998

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey, guys. I have a new-to-me 2002 Yukon XL, and the Headlight Selector Switch doesn't switch between Headlights/Parking/Off positions. I just always have headlights on all the time. Is there logic somewhere else that I need to look into, or is it all contained within the switch itself? I don't have a manual yet, so please pardon my ignorance.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Check the auto headlamp system sensor at the top of instrument panel in the defroster grille. If is covered they will come on like you say as soon as the ignition is turned on.

Or try this: Turn ignition to run position, press dome override button 4 times in 6 seconds, you will hear a chime if successful. The system will revert back to the auto mode when the ignition is turned off and on again. To return to auto mode push the button 4 times in 6 seconds and hear the chime or turn ignition off and on again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16