Yukon drop kit, 2/3 or 2/4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went and bought a 2007 Yukon, YAY!

I'm keeping the good old 2001 Tahoe, but it'll be the wife's daily driver.

Anyhow, I want to drop it down and level it out. To get it completely level do I go for the 2/3 or do I need 2/4?

Sorry if this has been talked about before, I find the forum to be a bit hard to search through to be honest.

Since I am a foreigner (Norwegian) I need to buy my kit from a retailer, as I need to be able to send it back. Which kits do you recommend, where do you recommend I get it and last but not least how much should I expect to pay for them?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2" front drop spindles and the Belltech 5305 rear springs. You can go from 3 to 4 inches in the back with or without the spacer.

K_ddsl

Reaction score
Anyhow, I want to drop it down and level it out. To get it completely level do I go for the 2/3 or do I need 2/4?

2" front drop spindles and the Belltech 5305 rear springs. You can go from 3 to 4 inches in the back with or without the spacer.

Congrats on the Yukon.

As pointed out to you on the link above, and to explain what Nathan said, NorcalSS (Tony) sells a kit that allows you to drop the front 2 inches and allows you to drop the rear 3 inches by installing the spacer supplied with the kit, or 4 inches by choosing not to install the supplied spacer.

No one can answer which option is right for you as each one of those trucks will be slightly different than the other. I took some measurements of my truck and it turns out I need to drop the rear 3.5" :emotions122: to level it out if I drop the front 2".
I may need to cut the 1" spacers by half!

Here's a link to the proper kit on NorcalSS' site:

http://tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=87

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you take a look at the way the door handles are positioned on these trucks, you'll notice that they are parallel, but STAGGERED (the rear one is higher than the front one). So, if you completely level the truck by way of the GAPS IN THE WHEEL WELLS, you're going to be left with a truck that appears to be sagging in the rear.

If you get the side molding and side steps level to the ground, you're going to have a little more wheel well gap in the rear.

So, I'd caution against completely leveling the truck. Getting it really close will be the look you're after, imo.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

due to gms great ideas soem trucks use different springs up front and a awd or 4x4 truck sits about 1/2 inch lower in the front than a 2wd due to the weight difference.

the kit above will let you adjust the rear to either 3 or 4 inch drop which sometimes it varies if you do need the spacer or not.

one things for sure more than 3 inch drop in rear cut the bumpstop brackets off the frame.

OP
OP
G

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the indepth info, very much appreciated, great that the kit allows you to adjust according to wish and variation.

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony is the man I loved my 2/3 2/4 drop and the adjustablity.

OP
OP
G

ghostworks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

due to gms great ideas soem trucks use different springs up front and a awd or 4x4 truck sits about 1/2 inch lower in the front than a 2wd due to the weight difference.

the kit above will let you adjust the rear to either 3 or 4 inch drop which sometimes it varies if you do need the spacer or not.

one things for sure more than 3 inch drop in rear cut the bumpstop brackets off the frame.

Regulations for lowering a car is very strict over here, are the kits you sell TUV certified Tony?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Regulations for lowering a car is very strict over here, are the kits you sell TUV certified Tony?

THe tuv will check scrub line and all my kits pass all that. You will be lower 50mm in front and 75mm lower in rear so check to make sure that is ok.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro