Yukon Denali 6.0L Cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading the cam in my NBS 2002 GMC Yukon Denali, but I've never changed a cam in any of my vehicles before so I was looking for some advice.

I have done a ton of research and came to a cam that I think will suit my power upgrade needs as well as be suitable for daily driving. What do you guys think about this?

Comp-Cam 54-412-11:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CCA-54-412-11/

I'll be ordering springs and retainers too. Expected horsepower increase from these is 30-40hp I believe. I just don't want a cam that rumbles everything on the inside as well as the ground outside of the car like an old school muscle car.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks.

Phantomx55

Slow
Reaction score
Make sure you get hardened pushrods too. Stock ones are a bit weak. It you check out Texas speed, they have full packages with the cam, springs, and pushrods.

WildBill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep in mind I havent spec'd out cams before. But from what ive read it seems like when people do cam swaps for more power they usually gain high RPM hp and lose low end tq. Just make sure your selected cam doesnt kill the low end...thats what you need.

I helped a bit on a LS1 camaro cam swap a while back. It wasnt too bad, we left the intake on.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Z06/LS6 cam and springs is the route I would go personally. Unless you plan on towing often with your truck.

What are your current mod's to the truck?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B0$$MAN

B0$$MAN

Boss of all Bosses
Reaction score
Z06/LS6 cam and springs is the route I would go personally. Unless you plan on towing often with your truck.

What are your current mod's to the truck?

OBX Long tube headers, OBX Y-Pipe, AEM BruteForce Intake, Gibson Dual Sport Exhaust, JEGS Pulley Kit.

bigshoes

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
doing a cam swap isnt hard at all with LS1's. Ive done it twice on my WS6 and can get it done in a couple hours easy. So much easier than doing it on a LT1. Tuning is always the hardest part of a cam swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tired_One