Your opinions on Crutchfield and these items

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it is time to put in a new stereo and i think I have found what I want so I would like to get some input.

This Stereo:

And i am looking to buy it from Crutchfield because they give you all install stuff you need when you buy your stereo. Like the GM Class II Data bus Interface if you buy it with your stereo from them you get it for 40 bucks instead of 80. I can't even find it locally that cheap.

I am also looking at some of their refurbed gear, that head unit is 100 dollars cheaper refurbished and you can buy a square trade 2 year warranty for like 50 dollars.

So for less than a new one, i get a "like new" one and a better warranty.

Any one have anything bad to say about that unit, crutchfield, or square trade. I would like to hear it.

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use crutchfield to find out everything that is needed for my truck. then i go and buy it somewhere else on the internet for cheaper.

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
check out sonicelectronix or onlinecarstereo. MUCH cheaper. also, for 300 you can get a refurbished DD.

MASS-HOE'Z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I buy most everything i need for both home and vehicle audio from them. Im sure i could get the same stuff for cheaper elsewhere online but i also like having piece of mind that if i have any problems, they've always been more than accomodating and seem to follow up more thoroughly than some other places ive dealt with. I always thought the prices were pretty competitive but even if they are a little more, it evens out to me being able to trust a site with my stuff, especially since ive had my bank info "compromised" a couple times after doing business with other places.

And as cheezy as it sounds, last couple of times ive ordered from them, they sent me handwritten postcards from the people i had talked to there with their extensions thanking me for the order and asking if i had any issues, little appreciation shit like that keeps my business.

Last edited:
OP
OP

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips on the other sites i will have to take a look at them.

Mass-Hoe i totally understand what you are saying, on the stuff i am buying they are pretty competitive on price. That and the fact if i can get everything in one place i am apt to do that.

With that said i am looking at front speakers and it seem Amazon is WAY cheaper on the same speakers.

So for the fronts 6.5 or 6 3/4? It seems with the 6.5 you have to use an adapter, any trouble with those rattling?

OP
OP

92__silverado

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Any input on Infinity Reference speakers?
Namely the 6032si, i think i have narrowed it down between those and the Polk Audio db651s.

The Alpine SPS-600 are looking good too.

Last edited:

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First on crutchfeild.. their warranty service is way better than most since they are authorized dealers on almost everything..

That being said.. im not a warranty kinda guy and 90% of the time.. i just buy new shit if my stuff breaks.. and since SonicElectronix has lets say a 60-80% as effective warranty program and usually costs about half as much (i have litterally seen $799 on crutchfeild plus shipping vs $400 and FREE shipping on Sonic.. AND it blew, MY FAULT, and sonic warranteed it no questions asked.)

So to me its a no brainer... crutchfeild blows.. and the more people realize this the more they will have to start being more price competitive and quit living under their "but what if" umbrella.

Lets be honest if ANYONE sends you a defective product.. it will be replaced.. EVEN paypal will assure you this on eBay purchases.

Enough of that rant..

The Reference you refered to is a shallow mount speaker.. and you dont need to run a shallow mount.. so you will pay the price musically for running a shallow setup but not reap the benefits.

Imagine paying $370 a pop for shallow mount JL 12s only to put them in a big ass box where the 3rd row used to go.. the shallow mounts hit about as hard as the $80 12w1s.. they just fit in tighter spots.. so ... you wasted $300 on a shallow mount sub thats NOT doing the job it was deigned for.

If i was trying to spend in the $100 range id probably do these ALPINE SPR-17C / 15MC60 Memphis MClass / or even the MMATS or Soundstreams if you wanna go 'ol school

zilla68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
before you ever buy from crutchfield, ALWAYS google Crutchfield Promotion code and see what pops up! You'd be surprised.

I found a link (that has since expired) where i clicked on the link which was a pentagon federal credit union link that gave an automatic 7%off price, then it still allowed me to use a promotion code at checkout. I got my kenwood deck for my jeep for a hell of a deal, along with an ikick500 for my home for an unbelievable deal of 170.00 shipped.

As with anything you buy on the net, check the site name and promotion code, promo code or discount code first, I've saved tons of money on it for the last few years! I have even bought oem stuff from oehq.com and saved 10% plus free shipping by doing this, every little bit helps these days.

good luck

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elfro

Latest posts