You have to be kidding me.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I brought my truck in the shop this morning for the a/c told me it would be done by 12 noon. Got a call about 10 and was told the hose connecting to the condensor is frozen solid and he cannot break it lose w//o possibility of breaking it. Wound up that I need a new condensor. He knows money is tight and told me whatever the parts store charges to just pay his price. (jobber 131.00) about 1 hour later he call's again and says the Y-hose is frozen solid as well another 89.oo from the dealer. Is this normal? He tried to heat it up but ng.

I send this guy all the trucks from my job and half the time doesnt charge us for minor shit so im torn as to what to think????

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has he ever tried to over charge you before?

Things like this is why I'm always there the entire time they are working on my stuff so that I can keep an eye on them and see this stuff first hand.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i would say if he doesn't normally charge for the minor stuff as you stated and he is now...it's probably necessary.

Also, a frozen line is pretty easy to identify...i'm not AC wizzard, but I honestly don't know why he can't unfreeze it.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I send this guy all the trucks from my job and half the time doesnt charge us for minor shit so im torn as to what to think????

so now that he's charging you for something, you question it? If you trust him...send him work,you know he does small stuff for free...why the dis-trust now?:think:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Are we are talking thermal freezing? He could have left it be for an hour or two on its own and let the enviorment do its thing. If we are talking stuck parts he has a failure of imagination and some ignorance to deal with.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess frozen is a bad word to use when referring to a/c lines. I mean frozen like rusted/corrosion/cant break free. Something I left out as to why I may have "distrust" is I bought my own hose, accumulator and orfice. Maybe im thinking too much into it. I dont know.....Has anyone else experienced these "issues" with these parts not breaking loose??

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have experienced it when I was getting my A/C done. One shop said the lines were "froze up" like your guy is saying and they quoted me $3k to do all of it and another shop replaced every for $1,400 and said everything came apart with no issues at all. Sounds to me like you need a new shop man.

OP
OP
S

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way my a/c is now blowing colder then ever. I dont remember it EVER so cold. :)

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:waytogo: At least there was a positive end result :D

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal :)) atleast you got it up and running!! I went a whole year in my hoe without ac which SUCKS when you live in Florida and it gets up to 100* regularly in the summer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Richie255