Yakima Roof Racks FINALLY Available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robert in CA

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anyone who has been waiting for Yakima Roof Racks for their '21 or later, they are FINALLY available. I've been using a set of factory roof rails for the last 6 mos or so, but not a big fan of the big "arch" on those -- since many materials would need to lay flat. I was also eager to use my other Yakima accessories from my prior suburban (e.g. the Load Stops).

Key differences:
* The Yakima bars are flat, and wider side-to-side (both important for my use)
* Front bar is about the same height at the highest point (at the top of the arch on factory bar)
* Rear Yakima bar is about 1" lower on the rear bar, since the rear factory bar is 1" taller than the front bar. That extra inch is nice because the Tahoe with factory rear bar *barely* fit in my garage.
* The point where rack mounts to the roof's flush rail is better designed on factory bar -- but I tugged & pulled on the Yakima bar as hard as I could and it didn't budge at all

Photos of the two are attached.

20221110_180607.jpg
20221110_180628.jpg

A10MileHusker

Reaction score
For anyone who has been waiting for Yakima Roof Racks for their '21 or later, they are FINALLY available. I've been using a set of factory roof rails for the last 6 mos or so, but not a big fan of the big "arch" on those -- since many materials would need to lay flat. I was also eager to use my other Yakima accessories from my prior suburban (e.g. the Load Stops).

Key differences:
* Front bar is about the same height at the highest point (at the top of the arch on factory bar)
* Rear Yakima bar is about 1" lower on the rear bar, since the rear factory bar is 1" taller than the front bar. That extra inch is nice because the Tahoe with factory rear bar *barely* fit in my garage.
* The point where rack mounts to the roof's flush rail is better designed on factory bar -- but I tugged & pulled on the Yakima bar as hard as I could and it didn't budge at all

Do you have a link to the product?

JMU DUUUKES LAW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Key differences:

View attachment 384822
View attachment 384823
Are those the 60” or 70”? I don’t actually want the overhang if possible.

russ0486

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Key differences:

View attachment 384822
View attachment 384823

what width are those bars? I'm guessing the 60"?

What is the overall height of vehicle with the bars installed?

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel