Won't start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_Dylan_

STAY FROSTY
Reaction score
Take the battery back if you can. The battery was low but still good. Your dad's truck has a good battery and wasn't able to start it. So the battery was not the issue.

Priming. Turn the key to on for about 5 secs and then turn it off. Do this about 8 times. Then try to start it. The fuel pump turns on and pressurizes the lines before you start the truck. You should be able to hear it turn on every time you cycle the key if it's quiet.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it to my mechanic today. Blew the starter and master fuse? $150 installed and done. Mechanic is a family friend. he can take his time though because I bought this last night ;-)

a693481f-0c61-04b9.jpg

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
Possible the fuel pump overheated and went bad. Might be pulling down your supply voltage.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the green machine OBS back today. Gonna clean it up and sell it. Was just a starter seized up, which blew a fuse.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the green machine OBS back today. Gonna clean it up and sell it. Was just a starter seized up, which blew a fuse.

So no problems from it inning out of gas?

On a side note - How I you like the new Tahoe? I liked my 98 but I like my 04 soooo much more.

OP
OP
Smasal

Smasal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE my NBS. Couldn't be happier.

And no problems at all getting fuel in the OBS. Running like she should.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts