Won’t start when colder than 25 degrees

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you do end up changing that gasket I would recommend getting the new design felpro, they are metal instead of plastic much better quality and less chance of trouble down the road and it would make sense to do the knock sensors (oem w/harness) and silicone them while you have it open as a preventative measure, it's worth it to do it if you are in that position since there right there.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you do end up changing that gasket I would recommend getting the new design felpro, they are metal instead of plastic much better quality and less chance of trouble down the road and it would make sense to do the knock sensors (oem w/harness) and silicone them while you have it open as a preventative measure, it's worth it to do it if you are in that position since there right there.
I guess I should, but I’m afraid to do those because all the stories I read where people didn’t do it right and something goes wrong 3 months down the road

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should, but I’m afraid to do those because all the stories I read where people didn’t do it right and something goes wrong 3 months down the road

Well just make sure to do it correctly....problem solved! :D

Kelsey Mathouser

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck has a hard time starting below 25, but usually around 20. I’ll crank it, and nothing. Crank again push the pedal down then sometimes it will fire up. But this morning I️ must have cranked it 10-15 times before it even started, and when it does start it sounds like I️ have a big cam in there, almost like it’s misfiring but it’s not a rhythm so it’s not the same cylinder. Anyone have this problem? I’m going to the gas station today and throwing a bottle of HEET in there to see what that does
That happened in my 96. Problem was simple, plugs and wires. But it happened in my friends yukon and it was fuel pump which is common.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once you’re in there, you have to do it because, in 1 month down the road you'll kick yourself in the ass and say why the **** didn’t i do it while i had the manifold off

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you use the oem ones that come with a new harness and silicone them to keep any water out then you should have no trouble, I wouldn't recommend the aftermarket ones at all. it's just a recommendation but if there good then there good, I would eyeball them and I suppose it could depend on your mileage too.

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks lol
Thread closed....glad I could help!! But seriously...everyone here has offered the correct advice. After reading some of your other posts I have to say I think you can do it. Remember...just go step by step while paying close attention and all will be well. While it isn't that hard....it will take some time.

Ironically though...my statement of just making sure to do it correctly is actually a good one. Most that have had problems made decisions that they knew were wrong. Don't just tighten the bolts but rather torque them down. Don't just do the bolts that you want....do them in the correct sequence. Don't try to repair or re-use the original gasket but rather replace with new and try to find the highest quality that you can.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skimask