Wiring rear door speakers, advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The flutes I found lackluster and sold pronto....but I was also going to use them for something else, but no way no how could I get them to blend with a tweeter right. Once set on 7's I had a few to choose from :)

IMAG0034_zpsoopvspqq.jpg

Had a few others too, that is just what I kept around lol.
edit: the picture is a bit bad in that the one on the far left and far right share the same basket so the sizes of them are all pretty comparable even though it doesn't look that way.

Hmm... I haven't played with mine at all. Currently running some RE Audio 6.5 components. While not terrible, not what Im looking for. Im currently on a very low budget hence the flutes and Vifa's. I already swapped the RE tweets for the Vifa's and am really happy with them. The RE woofers aren't bad, actually have pretty decent mid bass too, but they get harsh on the high end.

Ill PM you and we can discuss this further if you dont mind. I would like your input.

End thread jack! Sorry OP lol Back to rear speaker talk.

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question.! Doing some work on this this weekend, so that question came at the right time. :roflbow:
Till someone here has some input, I stole this http://www.silveradosierra.com/mobile-electronics/running-door-speaker-wires-from-amp-t208265.html
I haven't locked at the rear doors yet, but think that's what you're referring to.
ttyl

lol sorry i was just makin sure we were talkin about the same thing i guess ive never seen rear doors that just had a wiring harness and not the rubber tube

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol sorry i was just makin sure we were talkin about the same thing i guess ive never seen rear doors that just had a wiring harness and not the rubber tube

Rubber tube is there, like shown in your pic. Had a quick look after work, noted that the door side can be pushed into the door, the frame/jam side feels solid. Going to see how to take it apart tomorrow.
Maybe the OP has some info/findings to report.

OP
OP
K

kaiwren986

Reaction score
I have no findings! Long day at work. Thanks for the ideas all.
It looks exactly like the pic you posted ccapehartusarmyINF, just on the body side there is no room to run wires. There are 2 plugs.

Going to just splice in to the wires. I bought the speakers already might as well use them.

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no findings! Long day at work. Thanks for the ideas all.
It looks exactly like the pic you posted ccapehartusarmyINF, just on the body side there is no room to run wires. There are 2 plugs.

Going to just splice in to the wires. I bought the speakers already might as well use them.

FYI'
There is room for the wire (w/o drilling anything). Is a little fussel to get the wire trough the sleeve, but well worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts