Wiring rear door speakers, advice needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kaiwren986

Reaction score
Hi all, just recently purchased an 04 Yukon XL Denali
11949362_1127442533937405_7492519088510577721_n.jpg

In the middle of detailing the paint, as you can see. ANYWAYS

I really don't like the stock Bose system so I'm redoing it. I have the head unit in and wired up with a Metro adapter, ran all new wires for some component Infinity speakers in the front doors.

I got to the rear doors and I dont see a way to get wires to the speaker in a clean manner, the flex tube between the body and the door is a plug and harness, rather than the tube and wire like the fronts.

Have you guys just spliced in to the factory speaker wires at the B-pillar and used that set of wires to run your rear door speakers?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay so on yer rear doors there is not rubber conduit for the door wiring to go through? like this

Attachments

• user30289_pic21772_1387223328.jpg
    user30289_pic21772_1387223328.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 15
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Maic

15 Suburban LT / z71
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all, just recently purchased an 04 Yukon XL Denali

In the middle of detailing the paint, as you can see. ANYWAYS

I really don't like the stock Bose system so I'm redoing it. I have the head unit in and wired up with a Metro adapter, ran all new wires for some component Infinity speakers in the front doors.

I got to the rear doors and I dont see a way to get wires to the speaker in a clean manner, the flex tube between the body and the door is a plug and harness, rather than the tube and wire like the fronts.

Have you guys just spliced in to the factory speaker wires at the B-pillar and used that set of wires to run your rear door speakers?

Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Good question.! Doing some work on this this weekend, so that question came at the right time. :roflbow:
Till someone here has some input, I stole this http://www.silveradosierra.com/mobile-electronics/running-door-speaker-wires-from-amp-t208265.html
I haven't locked at the rear doors yet, but think that's what you're referring to.
ttyl

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just don't bother, they are in a useless position and pretty much just make the stereo sound worse.

There is one reasonable use. I ran a separate source/amp to mine so that I can control the rear seat DVD audio through them and have a different source up front.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just don't bother, they are in a useless position and pretty much just make the stereo sound worse.

There is one reasonable use. I ran a separate source/amp to mine so that I can control the rear seat DVD audio through them and have a different source up front.

That's my plan for mine when I finally swap the front over to an active setup. Also thought I would rather have the rear on headphones so I don't have to listen to it too. Hows it working out for you?

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's my plan for mine when I finally swap the front over to an active setup. Also thought I would rather have the rear on headphones so I don't have to listen to it too. Hows it working out for you?

I have headphones as well. Just figure they were in the doors and I have plenty of power sources around so why not.

Working out great. Will probably add a sub here soon. Running Seas G18 with Scan D2904s off a miniDSP and the carputer. WAY more bass than the stock bose sub and everything images and sounds MILES better.

I don't like any locations I can put sub/s so I will probably just grab a JL stealthbox but will only use it enough to blend in with the mids and not be a bass machine as that isn't how I listen to music.

I should add that comments from my backseat listeners are that it is also WAY better than stock. Have a couple friends with nearly the identical truck and they didn't believe not having rears could work....then they sat in my truck.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have headphones as well. Just figure they were in the doors and I have plenty of power sources around so why not.

Working out great. Will probably add a sub here soon. Running Seas G18 with Scan D2904s off a miniDSP and the carputer. WAY more bass than the stock bose sub and everything images and sounds MILES better.

I don't like any locations I can put sub/s so I will probably just grab a JL stealthbox but will only use it enough to blend in with the mids and not be a bass machine as that isn't how I listen to music.

I should add that comments from my backseat listeners are that it is also WAY better than stock. Have a couple friends with nearly the identical truck and they didn't believe not having rears could work....then they sat in my truck.

Good to hear. I will be running Silver Flute 8's with Vifa Ring radiators active off a Pioneer 5700bhs. Really looking forward to hearing it. I have a Stereo Integrity HT18 for sub duties, Really love that sub. When turned down it blends very well with the front stage, but can also crank on it for those random moments of loudness.

To the OP, just use the stock wiring for the rear speakers. Also no point in replacing them unless they are blown. The stocks are good enough for some rear fill.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are going to have quite the hole. The SF don't do so well with midrange and the Vifa's don't dig...in particular if you are doing the 19's which are killer off axis. I'd get a beefy 7 and call it a day as the compromise will be way less.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the xt25s. They will be fairly on axis. Figure I'll start with 2k/24db on both. The flutes are good to about 2500 from what others have seen. Been contemplating using some wide bands instead.

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The flutes I found lackluster and sold pronto....but I was also going to use them for something else, but no way no how could I get them to blend with a tweeter right. Once set on 7's I had a few to choose from :)

IMAG0034_zpsoopvspqq.jpg

Had a few others too, that is just what I kept around lol.
edit: the picture is a bit bad in that the one on the far left and far right share the same basket so the sizes of them are all pretty comparable even though it doesn't look that way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccubbinsjl