Winter mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of cleaned the truck up and I painted the stocks for the winter..they were corroded to shit and looked like garbage..Sanded, base and clear..they came out pretty decent and should hold up just fine..nothin to special..rear was a little high i had quite a bit of air in the bags from the weekend

393637_779001738962_185108564_38141665_980888515_n.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're going to be eager for spring to come back around!!! :D

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I enjoy winter for the most part..get to drive around in the big storms we get and shit lol..plus its so much more fun to drive on stocks..traction is an issue compared to the 24s..and i dont have to wreck expensive tires when i feel like having fun...but i do miss the looks of the rims..these actually look pretty good in person..not ghetto like i thought it would

haehlSt0rm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats similar to what ill be looking like once i get "winterized." i painted my stockers black and put the djm 3/5 on this summer. i just received my helper bags as well but havent had the chance to put them in yet.

lookin good for the winter months tho!

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am waiting till the last minute to do winter mode. I was also thinking of painting my wheels black but decided not to this year.

jd08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rain down here.

But I am in a different situation then you for wheels. I guess I can run my aftermarket wheels in the snow but I just don't want to have them wrecked from all the salt they put down. My stock wheels are already showing signs of the salt and the tires are the same BFG's but stock size.

Just can't stand the look of my leveled tahoe with stock tires and wheels.

OP
OP
N

Nickleahy23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if I had to run aftermarket wheels in the winter, I would Plasti-Dip them for the winter..it will seal the wheel off from the salt and you can just peel it off in the spring

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I thought about plasti-dipping my 2s black but figured running up a curb at 40 would be better with a 50 series sidewall. I priced snow tires and holy shit I wish I could run 17s. How you liking the new suspension setup?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts