Windshield wiper arm removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered some new wiper arms for the Esky watched a YouTube video on how to remove them looks like sometimes they get stuck on there sometimes would something like this be helpful at all? Anyone used one on these trucks?

b284d522776823f63c8ade105828b112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah those work wonders (if you can get them on square to where they don't buckle to one side) but if it gets stuck most of the time if you lift the arm of the wiper and stretch the spring, the tension pops them free.

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I'm curious of two things. 1. do these pullers help? 2. I have an 07 yukon and my wipers were bent up and away by a freakin car wash place. pissed me off. however, when trying to get them off to move them back, when i take the nut off, it "looks" like they should pop right off. I've tried prying to the point of what I think is too much force. lol. Long story short, are wipers typically that hard to pry off after removing the nut, or am I missing some kind of clip/lock ring that is hidden... thanks!!

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for resurrecting an older thread, but I'm curious of two things. 1. do these pullers help? 2. I have an 07 yukon and my wipers were bent up and away by a freakin car wash place. pissed me off. however, when trying to get them off to move them back, when i take the nut off, it "looks" like they should pop right off. I've tried prying to the point of what I think is too much force. lol. Long story short, are wipers typically that hard to pry off after removing the nut, or am I missing some kind of clip/lock ring that is hidden... thanks!!

I just use a battery terminal puller it works perfect imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks 95. As a side note and for info for others, I got them off and re-positioned. I was unaware of the normal stress that was on the blades themselves in regular working position. After watching a video, I saw the guy push down toward the windshield on the arm where the joint is that allows you to pick the wipers up off of the windshield. When pushing down at that point(note, this is a palm pinch point, lol), I could see the base of the wiper move on the stud. A little bit of PB Blaster, and a "little" bit of prying while pushing down on that spring and they come right off. Hope it helps someone else in the future. For the record, with the nut off, any pulling I did with the wiper in the normal position at the base only showed zero movement, and I was pulling hard enough that I thought the rail that holds the wiper and motors would bend or distort. after pushing at that joint a few inches from the stud and taking pressure off from the spring, it was moving immediately.

Thanks again for the input 95!!!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I used a puller just like that on the 06 and it was tight on the spline, but finally "popped" off loudly. End result was a painted cowling and wiper blades. Worth the effort to freshen that area up again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick