Will this driveshaft work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cxs4887

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a regular Yukon not 3rd row seating. I broke the driveshaft and yoke so I picked up a drive shaft from a Yukon xl both 2001. My driveshaft yoke has a large circular balancer I assume mounted to it. The new driveshaft o have does not have that is it necessary to have that piece on the yoke or can I just shorten it and plug her in ?

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be the same Im trying to remember if the NBS trucks are the same as the OBS Tahoe/Suburban sharing the same wheel base (minus the 2 door witch is 6 inches shorter) I think it should be fine length wise however Im confused as to what your talking about As far as a balancer? Can you post pics? The only "balancers" Im familer with is the Weights added to the shaft normally stuck on or spot welded.

OP
OP
cxs4887

cxs4887

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The site won't let me add a picture keeps crashing. It's a circular disc about a inch think about a inch wider than the slip yoke maybe a vibration damper ?

OP
OP
cxs4887

cxs4887

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Maybe this attachment will work

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 5

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a harmonic balancer. I had a 1999 S-10 that had one but the drive shaft was built in three pieces. Ive seen it done where some guys delete them only to have to bring it to a shop to have it rebalanced. If your in a bind it can be done but you will probably have a vibration develop and disappear within certain speed ranges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hunter72