Will this brush guard fit my Denali?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 Yukon Denali and today I just bought a stock 2000 Tahoe z71 brush guard for $100 and I was wondering if it would fit my Denali.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
frame is the same so it should technically bolt up, not sure how well the rest is going to line up with the front of your denali.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
it should fit correctly. might have weird lines compared to a normal one but hey nice deal :)

Yukon Joe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2002 Chevy with the Westin Brush Guard on it. I would like to swap it over to my 99 esky. I know the mounting at the tow hooks lines up. And I actually took apart the mounting brackets that go to the core support to see if it would line up. And unfortunately, it does not. I'm wondering if I need different mounting brackets. Or the thing just won’t fit?? The problem I have is the way the Esky bumper sweeps across the vehicle vs. the Chevy straight bumper. The mounting brackets I have interfere with the raised part of the bumper.

Look for any advice from anyone else reading this post...

Thanks!

OP
OP
rolfsent

rolfsent

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it doesn't fit my Denali, the bumper is a a little bigger than the ones on a Tahoe. On a good note though I just installed it on my Silverado and it looks great. I'm not sure how much these stock Z71 grill guards run for for but was $100 a good deal?

Yukon Joe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought mine used for the 02 silverado off craigslist for $100. It looked brand new. I then had it Rhino Lined. Pretty cool looking. Now that I'm trading in the truck, I'd like to add the guard to the esky.

I've been looking on the Westin website and it looks like they use the same guard, but the mounting brackets are a bit different. It is currently mounted at the tow hooks and then through the grill to the top of the bumper and core support. See the installation instructions for the 40-0335.

2000-06 Yukon/Yukon XL - ½ ton (excl. Denali), 7 40-0335 — 75-0219

http://westinautomotive.com/Sportsman-Grille-Guard.html