Why the overlap on supercharger kits?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have been looking at some SC kits, and for some reason most of them go something like 99-03, 03-06

why the overlap on 03's?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
I think its because of the throttle bodies. The first set was cable driven and the 2nd set was driven by an electric motor

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
from what i understood from the guy at magnacharger 99-06 are all the same. Theres just an additional part you have to buy to fit your exact year. I guess for the reason that was mentioned.

Atleast thats what i had to do.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what i understood from the guy at magnacharger 99-06 are all the same. Theres just an additional part you have to buy to fit your exact year. I guess for the reason that was mentioned.

Atleast thats what i had to do.

It also has to do with the tune provided with the kit.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
It also has to do with the tune provided with the kit.

i guess i dont know. i got mine from black bear so im getting there tune. I cant remember the exact name of the kit i had to buy.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

haha nice, that was a shot in the dark to be honest.

i dont know either but it sounded good lol

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
There are some differences with the cable TB but the 01-03 trucks were electronic (mine included). The main difference is the 03+ are returnless style fuel systems and use a different form of regulation than the 99+ trucks. Hopefully Jenna hops in here and clarifies everything but I'm fairly certain this is the major difference between the kits as long as we're talking about which truck they fit. Generations of blowers and different head units are a totally different subject.

Bromaguire

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess i dont know. i got mine from black bear so im getting there tune. I cant remember the exact name of the kit i had to buy.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

i dont know either but it sounded good lol

Are you having them tune your truck in person?