Who has a aftermarket Navi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ847

Reaction score
I've got the stock navi in my '09 LTZ, and noticed that the nav is serviceable but not great. Can an aftermarket head unit wire up and work with the rear cam? if so I'd be a lot more inclined to replace the nav, until then I'll rely on my iphone to be backup navigation.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have the OEM Navi, and are not real happy with it.

We had an AVIC D3 in our old truck, those things are ancient, the maps are old, and the GUI is pretty tough.

the big gripe on the OEM Navi is the keyboard is non-qwerty, so takes forever to type stuff in. it's just plain WEIRD to use a non qwerty keyboard.

and the way it saves the names & stuff is weird, and it never quite says "save" it just says "back" is disconcerting.

the co-pilot can use the On-Star app on your phone to download directions while you are driving is best part.

I can speech-to-text my Driod: "Navigate, 1139 Farrow Road, Columbia SC"
and it will be in GPS mode & spouting directions before the wife can get the address in her iFone.

we have a GARMIN also, and we use the GARMIN & cell phones instead of the in-dash.

John_denali

Reaction score
I would love to have an iPad mini put in but wouldn't be able to use the back up camera.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmatson

Latest posts