Who has a 2007+Tahoe Lowered and still tows their bass boat.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am new to this site, and feel when ever a new car is bought finding a resourceful forum is just as important as finding a good deal on the car. So I finally found this place, and I am glad I did.

I recently purchased a Black 2007 Tahoe with 70k miles on it for $23k. Now this is not my first Tahoe, I did own a 2000 Tahoe Limited Black (of course), but sold it to save a few bucks while putting my wife through school. My father recently passed away in June of 2009 and one thing we always did together was fish, we may go all day without a bite, but we enjoyed getting out and enjoying each other company. My father had always wanted to upgrade from his old flat bottom fishing boat, and recently did to a 19' Triton aluminum bass boat. When he passed his insurance paid it off and it was left to me and my brother. this is the reason why I went back to a Tahoe, instead of the modded civic that I was driving when he passed. So it is important to me to still be able to pull the boat, but i would like to go with the 2/3" drop from Pedders, but at the same time I would NOT like to give up ride quality and the ability to pull the bass boat.

Mods include-
Magna flow exhaust dumped
KN intake kit
22" 2Crave No.7 rims- Black( be here next Tuesday)
Tires undecided(leaning towards the Cooper ZEON LTZ 305/40/22

Kit I am looking at.
https://secure.merlinsoftware.com.au/peddersusa/Default.aspx?ProdCode=GMT900NADCBIGBOR

If there is a better kit I should look at for my needs please fell free to post a link and why it is superior.

So to cut to the chase, and as the title ask....anyone dropped and still able to pull their bass boat?

Thanks guys for your time.

Carl

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Welcome along man.
Straight to the point, Pedders makes just about the best 2/3 kit for the 07-Up Tahoe. The kit I have from Pedders rides about just like stock except over really bump roads it gets harsh due to the fact I have the coils only kit. With the kit you want you will have no problems at all towing that boat.
I plan to add Bilstein HD shocks in the future to get rid of the above problem.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Btw, many people on here have dropped Tahoes and tow boats too with no problems.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Welcome and good choice on the truck. Makes me feel better about my purchase of my 07 Tahoe with 77K miles. I am in the same boat as you are in regards to lowering and not willing to give up any tow capacity.

This seems like a good kit to go with. Going to have to start saving some funds to get it and install it when the wife is out of town. LOL

-E

OP
OP
unpredictableacts
Reaction score
Great and thanks for the reply. I am a regular on a few car audio forums and sometimes the Noob questions get a little old. I did some searching, but did not come up with any that was lowered and yet still hauling things...I am also glad that the Pedders kit is well liked.

As far as the mileage goes IMHO the asking price for a brand new Tahoe is ungodly. I opted for the higher mileage to help keep the cost down. My sticker on my 2000 Limited was $33K brand new, and I bought it used with 40k on it for $15 so I am all about letting that other person take the "NEW" price hit. Not to mention that that Limited was a beast. Just set up very well.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah brand new prices are quite expensive but its assurance you aren't receiving someone elses screw ups.
What other mods do you plan?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
By the way, Firestone airbag helpers to sit in the coils will def. make towing a like stock ride for you. Cheap and not hard to install either.

OP
OP
unpredictableacts
Reaction score
By the way, Firestone airbag helpers to sit in the coils will def. make towing a like stock ride for you. Cheap and not hard to install either.

Happen to have a link to them? also would I modify the pedders kit that i am looking at in anyway?

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Yeah brand new prices are quite expensive but its assurance you aren't receiving someone elses screw ups.
What other mods do you plan?

Brake up grade and a BB tune from what I read. All of my chrome is either painted black or removed(as in the name decals) I also have a day set up next week to have my tails/3rd brake light smoked out. Other than those I really would call it quits on the mods. I do car audio, and fiberglass work but with my current schedule I have almost zero free time to do a involved audio install that would include a 3 way active front-stage along with some involved fabrications to keep things looking OEM/stealthy and not all blinged out.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Oh no, you rear springs and shocks are still needed. I you look closely at the picture you see it installs inside the spring. When inflated with an xterior mounted control knob it reduces rear SUV sag and ride harshness due to the Boat tow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamesj82