whistling/Humming sound at 40mph, only during acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a simialar issue but I have diagnosed mine to be the front differential.

With front driveshaft out - whines on acceleration.

With front driveshaft in - whines on acceleration.

With front driveshaft in and vehicle in 4WD - no noises period.

Bunchz71

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine makes noise anytime im on the gas and doing about 40 or more. if I put it in neutral no noise. if I put it in neutral and step on the gas I hear it.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine makes noise anytime im on the gas and doing about 40 or more. if I put it in neutral no noise. if I put it in neutral and step on the gas I hear it.
Have you tried putting in 4 WD?

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no I don't do much highway driving to actually play around with it but every time I did hear it I was in 2wd

dmk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2015 Tahoe LTZ had the same issue since day 1. The dealer drained and checked the rear differential and found no issues. They told me that it most likely was the tires. Now 2 years later I needed to replace the OEM tires, and the noise is gone!

RGA1215

Reaction score
My truck is only a 2WD and it makes the same humming when I press the gas as I said in an earlier post. I can put it in Neutral and the noise stops, even if I rev it up.

bunchz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck is only a 2WD and it makes the same humming when I press the gas as I said in an earlier post. I can put it in Neutral and the noise stops, even if I rev it up.
I wonder if your noise could possibly be the front pump in your transmission?

RGA1215

Reaction score
I wonder if your noise could possibly be the front pump in your transmission?

My transmission was rebuilt around a year ago. The noise was there before the rebuild and is still here after the rebuild. If I recall correctly the reason why my transmission broke in the first place was because the pump actually exploded. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts